GCSE PERFORMING ARTS

This enjoyable, yet challenging one year course, following the AQA specification, will run from September 2016 – July 2017 and is open to pupils who, in September 2016, will be in Year 8 or above.

Key Features

You can choose any combination of dance, drama, singing and musical theatre. All styles of dance and drama are included. If you do not wish to perform you can choose options in Stage Management, Costume, Properties and Make – Up. Previous experience in the performing arts is useful but not essential. New pupils to RDDC are most welcome!

The course is vocational and is therefore practical with no written exams! Instead students are assessed by a coursework portfolio, (worth 60% of total marks) and a practical assessment, Showcase Performance, worth the remaining 40% of the total marks.

The course will follow local secondary school term dates as shown below and will be on offer, subject to minimum enrolment quotas at our Waterfoot branch. Class will meet weekly for an hour on Wednesdays 6-7pm

TERM DATES START

Week commencing

HALF TERM

Week commencing

FINISH

Week commencing

AUTUMN 05 / 09/ 2016 24/ 10 / 2016 19 / 12 / 2016
SPRING 09 / 01 / 2017 13 / 02 / 2017 10 / 04 / 2017
SUMMER 24 / 04 / 2017 22 / 05 / 2017 17 / 07 / 2017

 

    • Classes will be taught by Jemma Dransfield, assisted by other RDDC staff, where appropriate.
    • Fees are £140 per term and are due at the start of each term and are non refundable. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or debit card. One term’s notice of withdrawal is required. Fees include all lesson preparation, tuition, marking and assessment but exclude any theatre visit or books. An Exam fee of £40 per year is also payable in the Spring Term. Pupils will be expected to provide an A4 ring binder, paper, pens, etc. This additional examination will be funded by RDDC and will therefore be free of charge to you.
    •  In the Summer Term 2017 pupils will be prepared for a Graded Group Examination in UKA Performing Arts.
    • Results from the GCSE course are known in August 2017 and can be graded from A* downwards. We have an excellent record of success in GCSE examinations and look forward to sharing the course with you.
    •  What next? If you are interested or have any queries then please speak to Jemma. If you wish to apply for the course please complete the attached enrolment form link below and hand it to your teacher or to RDDC reception. We will then be in touch to confirm your place. 
    •  We hope you are looking forward to the course as much as we are!

GCSE-PERFORMING-ARTS-enrolment-form